These are simple instructions on how to get parents to complete the consent forms.
While you can go through FIRST and invite the parents, you do not need to do this. All parents need to know is the team # and they can do the rest.
- Create a Parent/Guardian Account at www.firstinspires.org
- Make sure they put their name and email, not their childs. This is a parent account, not their kids account
- Once they are signed in, then they need to add their child
- Click on Parent/Guardian - Youth tab
- Click on Add a Youth
- Fill out details on page
- Email is not required for youth. Do not put the parent's email here. If child does not have their own, leave it blank.
- Note - If they are over 13, then I believe email is required. So for FTC and FRC, these instructions are going to be a little different.
- Consent form - make sure they complete this one!
- Then Apply for team
- Select FLL
- Enter the team #
- That's all parents need to do
The coach/team adminstrator then will need to go into FIRST and accept the request to be on the team.